VACUUM SEALED STORAGE BAGS: ALL YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THEM
Keeping clothes safe from mold and insects such as moths is not always easy. No matter how clean you keep your wardrobe, the darkness and coldness in them are enough to make your precious garments susceptible to attack.
The great news is there is a reliable way to keep your items and clothes in mint condition. That is by preserving them in vacuum sealed storage bags.
As per statistics, at least 40% of homes in the USA use these bags to store their items. With their popularity and how fast the word is going around, there’s no doubt that the number will double-or even triple- come the end of 2020.
Vacuum sealed storage bags have been around for quite a while. However, if you have never heard about them but would like to give them a try, you will find all the answers to your questions about them in the article below:
Table of Contents
What are Vacuum Sealed Storage Bags?
As the name suggests, vacuum sealed storage bags or compression bags are special bags that suck all the air out of fabrics. This makes storage easier since you can preserve plenty of outfits in a single place.
They are usually colorless and are crafted from anti-microbial materials to keep pesky insects and bacteria away.
Are they Reliable?
Vacuum sealed storage bags are totally reliable. Consumers rarely complain about them. Whether you want to preserve your beautiful duvet or keep your comforters in top state for long, compression bags are the solution you are looking for.
For extra high performance, manufacturing companies put them under a series of tests before releasing them to the public.
They are also inspected and intense research is done to ensure that they are safe for use in all conditions.
What are the Benefits of Using Vacuum Sealed Storage Bags?
Compression bags have countless advantages. Here are the most common ones:
- They come in a variety of shapes and sizes. No matter the garment or item you wish to store, it’s a guarantee that you will find the right bag for it.
- They are cost-effective. For a couple of dollars, you get access to one of the best cloth-storing bags in the market.
- Compression bags are easy to use. Just unzip them, fit your cloth inside, and zip them once again. Ideally, the process will take you less than a minute.
- Vacuum sealed storage bags are durable. When taken care of properly, they can last for several months. They are made of superior materials, which allow them to provide quality storage space even when they have been in use for over a month.
- These bags help you save money. Instead of investing in countless preservation bags, you can spend less on one vacuum sealed storage bag. In addition, with proper storage of clothes, you won’t have to worry about buying new clothes every couple of weeks.
- They are safe to use. Vacuum sealed storage bags are made from materials that are both environmentally and health-friendly. What’s more, they contain no chemicals.
- They come in an array of colors. For aesthetic appeal or to help you mark different bags for various clothes, most vacuum sealed storage bags are also available in hues such as teal and ruby.
- Vacuum sealed storage bags are waterproof. This advantage not only comes handy in case of a flood, but it is also helpful since it keeps your items and garments safe from mold.
What to Know Before Using Vacuum Sealed Storage Bags
Vacuum sealed storage bags may be sturdy, but they are not indestructible. Certain practices can put their integrity in jeopardy such as:
- Putting any sharp objects in them. You should never place anything with a sharp point such as a knife in them as it can slice through your bag. For clothes with sharp edges, please fold them up in such a way that the sharp points are concealed.
- Exposing the bags to fire or hot surfaces. Always store your vacuum sealed storage bags in a cool, dry place and, if not in use, keep it zipped up to preserve its internal hygienic state.
- Paying no attention to their welfare. Give them a good scrubbing occasionally with a soft brush or piece of cloth and warm soapy water to rid them of any infections they can get from, probably, dirty clothes.
If you are planning to store your clothes or items in them for long, take the items out occasionally so they can get some air. This helps their fibers to retain their natural shape.