How to prepare for NEET exam 2020?
Preparation for an exam can be stressful for most of the students, as they have immense pressure from parents, teachers and other peers to perform well. Since NEET is known to be one of the most competitive examinations in India, the candidate must build a strategy for better preparation for the exam.
Hence, aspiring candidates have more peer pressure to perform well in the paper, and it begins by understanding the syllabus and planning an effective strategy to execute it.
Apart from understanding the syllabus, other aspects to keep in mind while preparing for the entrance exam:
- Time management
- Understanding difficult terminologies, descriptive information
- Knowledge of structures and flowcharts and make notes
- Making a strict plan
- Frequent revisions
- Regular solving of mock test papers
- Students should be able to divide the 24 hours for effective study
- Selecting the proper study material for study
- Always remember to take enough breaks in while the candidate studies
Students must try to avoid any kind of distractions that might hinder their study time. The students should keep away from social media handles like Instagram, Facebook etc, socializing with friends, and attending parties. This helps them maintain focus while studying for the exam.
While taking ample intervals during your study time is advised, taking them for longer periods will not help you. As the NEET preparation time approaches, avoiding all these mentioned distractions, helps students prepare better and score high marks for the exam.
Benefits of solving previous year’s question papers:
After solving at least one question paper, the student gets a better understanding of the real exam. Here are some of the points mentioned below that explain the advantages of solving previous year’s question papers:
- As the syllabus includes more than 90 chapters, it is important to scan through previous year’s questions to understand the exam pattern
- Questions from previous years papers are repeated multiple times. So students should try practising them regularly
- After practising a few papers, students are able to prioritize concepts according to their importance
- These question papers are the most reliable source while the candidate prepares for the exam.
- Increases the speed and time management of the candidates
- Candidates become acquainted with their weak areas. They can make not and work on them later
- They also make note of the difficult questions asked in the paper.
- These noted weak areas and difficult questions will collectively provide material for revision
- Keep a separate time slot to work on the weak areas
- Refer to mock test papers, previous years’ question papers and find questions relating to your weak area and practice them
All the stress, anxiety and panic from the exam reduces after solving these question papers. The candidate becomes less stressful and gains confidence in attempting the real examination.
The NEET 2019 question papers give us an idea on the weightage of topics asked during the exam and help us plan and prepare accordingly. Last year’s paper was considered moderately difficult, with some difficult and some easy questions. While some questions are solved in seconds, the difficult questions are time-consuming. Therefore, frequently practising the previous year’s question papers enables the candidates to avoid all this hassle, and have better time management techniques.